Thursday, March 14th, 2002
Opening dinner - 6:30pm - Goldberg Room
There is no more seating available for this event
Speaker: Arlene Mayerson,
Directing Atty., Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund, Inc.
Friday, March 15, 2002
8:00 to 8:30 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
*** All panels will be held in Boalt's Booth Auditorium ***
8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
* Debbie Kaplan, World Institute
* Dr. J Dougal Mackinnon, Alta Bates
* Dr. Barbara Ridgeley, Alta Bates
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Community activism panel
* Moderator: Paul Longmore, SFSU Professor
* Jan Garrett, Executive Director, Center
for Independent Living
* Jean Lin, Protection and Advocacy, Inc.
* Dan Sorenson, State Department of Mental
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
* Moderator: Dierdre Mulligan, Samuelson
Law & Technology, Clinic,
* Cynthia Waddel, Accessibility Center
* Jackie Brand, Alliance for Technology
* Laura A. Heymann, Senior Counsel, America
1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
* Art and Disability: Asst. Prof. Katherine Sherwood
2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Litigation strategies panel
* Moderator: Professor Linda Kreiger
* Melissa Kasnitz, Disability Rights Advocates
* Linda Kilb, Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
* Lainey Feingold, Attorney
* Claudia Center, Employment Law Center
3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
* Moderator: Stephen Rosenbaum, Protection & Advocacy Inc.
* Janeen Steel, Western Law Center for Disability Rights, Director of
* Rhoda Benedetti, Disability Rights Advocates
* Paul D. Grossman, U.S. Dept. of Education, Office of Civil Rights,
IX, Chief Civil Rights Attorney
* Lenore Silverman, General Counsel, SF Unified School District